Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Drawing The Skull


I was a bit intimidated of drawing the skull at first due to its complexity, however after actually taking up the challenge I found that I really enjoyed it.  My graphic style of drawing I feel works well with the look of the human skull and enhances the natural oddness it already has.  The main challenge I found I experienced with drawing the skull was how to make the teeth effective, without making them so over detailed to they point they stand out and are distracting in the drawing.  My solution to this was just lightly drawing some basic lines that suggest the teeth and I feel this was an acceptable solution.  The teeth are implied but are not a distraction.  I would, though, like to get some experience drawing the teeth though because them, like hands, I feel are very distinct and difficult to draw in a way that is appealing to the viewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment